4 YEARS PERFORMANCE / ACHIEVEMENTS FROM 2018 TO 2022 OF HIGHER EDUCATION DEPARTMENT (Newly Merged District)
- 09 new General Colleges have been completed in newly merged areas and will be operationalized during forthcoming academic session, whereas 01 college will be started on non-developmental basis.
- Construction work on 04 (03 Boys & 01 Girls) colleges is in progress and will be completed by June 2024
- Construction of BS Blocks in 15 colleges has been completed while in 41 colleges including 8 colleges of the NMDs the same is under construction
- Special Repair/Reconstruction of 38 Govt. Colleges in Merged Areas has been approved and repair work is in progress which will be completed by June 2022.
- Provision of missing facilities of different nature (BS Blocks, Academic Blocks, Boundary Walls, Water Supply etc) In 24 colleges of newly merged areas have been approved and construction work is in progress. Total cost of the project is Rs. 1425.00 Million.
- An amount of Rs. 275.00 million has been approved for the purchase of lab equipment and furniture for 38 colleges of newly merged areas out of which Rs.30.00 Million has been released.
- A developmental scheme has been approved for the establishment of seven public libraries in the NMDs during current financial year (2021-22). In this regard, sites have been identified.
- Feasibility study for establishment of new colleges in merged areas has been carried out. PC-I for establishment of 12 new colleges has accordingly been approved by PDWP. These colleges will be completed by June-2024.
- Rs. 18.5 million (16 General colleges 10 million to commerce colleges) has been disbursed to colleges of NMD’S for procurement of plant & Machinery.
- Rs. 44 million to 22 colleges of NMD’s (Commerce + General) (2 million each) has been disbursed for procurement of Library Books.
Miscellaneous Interventions of Public & Institutional interest
- Stipend worth Rs. 9.8 million awarded to 1681 students of NMDs Under PC-I title “Provision of Stipend & Scholarships to the Students of NMDs”
- A total number of 245 male and female teachers have been hired from open market on daily wages to fulfill the staff deficiency in the colleges of erstwhile FATA.
- To promote higher education in the province, Free Registration package for 3 years for private institutions is introduced in more than 24 districts including FRs and newly merged tribal districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Higher Education Department has provided 45 number of HIACES to the Merged Areas Colleges by utilizing an amount of Rs. 270.00 Million, whereas purchase of 45 number of Buses is in process and will soon be completed
4 YEARS PERFORMANCE / ACHIEVEMENTS FROM 2018 TO 2022 OF HIGHER EDUCATION DEPARTMENT (Excluding Merged District)
- Developmental Achievements:
- 16 No. new colleges have been completed and operationalized.
- 06 Colleges have been started on Non-Developmental basis.
University of Agriculture, Swat
University of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Swat
University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Swat
University of Shangla
- 04 New universities have been established
- Construction work on 52 colleges (28 Boys and 24 Girls) are in progress and these will be completed by June 2024.
- 03 new Commerce Colleges have been established and operationalized
- Financial grants of Rs 3464.5 Million has been provide to the following university facing financial crisis
University of Peshawar
Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan
Agriculture University Peshawar
Gomal University D.I Khan
Islamia College University Peshawar
University of Engineering and Technology Peshawar
- Provision of computers, books and furniture to 16 colleges of commerce under BS strengthening Program.
- Established Four new Libraries at District Buner, Ghazi, Mansehra and Charsadda
- Acquisition of land for establishment of Library at Batkhela is in process
- Reconstruction of the buildings of GCMS, D.I.Khan, Abbottabad and Establishment of new building for GCMS, Karak.
- Construction of BS Blocks in 15 colleges has been completed while in 41 colleges the same is under construction
- Minor repair work in 125 colleges have been completed whereas in 97 colleges, the same will be comleted by June 2022.
- Provision of missing facilities of different nature (Academic Blocks, Boundary Walls, Water Supply etc) In 98 colleges have been approved and construction work is in progress. Total cost of the project is Rs. 2991.125 Million.
- An amount of Rs. 500.00 million has been approved for the Reconstruction/Special Repair of 10 number colleges out of these in 08 components will be completed by June-2022.
- An amount of Rs. 550.00 million has been approved for the purchase of furniture, lab equipment, computer etc for 173 colleges across the province. Out of these Rs. 350.00 Million has been released to the colleges and the purchase process has been initiated which will be completed by 31-03-2022.
- Solarization of Directorate of Higher Education has been carried out in June 2021, results in uninterrupted service delivery to the stakeholders
- Feasibility study for establishment of new colleges has been carried out across the province. PC-I for Establishment of 31 new colleges has accordingly been approved by PDWP.
- Rs.1763.824 million have been disbursed to colleges of settled districts for following activities;
Science Lab Development
Procurement of Plant & Machinery, Furniture & Fixture,
Fulfilling the HR Deficiency.
- To successfully implement BS- 4 Year Degree Program Rs. 550 million has been disbursed to BS colleges as remuneration to staff engaged in BS program
- Rs. 145.7 million as salary has been paid to the hired staff of 35 colleges.