The present Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has launched this landmarked initiative with initial seed money of Rs. 500 million. The seed money has been enhanced by providing further grant of Rs. 500 million. The Endowment Fund is regulated under Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Higher Education Scholarships Endowment Fund Act, 2014 and governed by a Board under the chair of Honorable Chief Minister, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
AIM AND OBJECTIVES:
To provide scholarships to talented and deserving students of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa purely on merit-cum-affordability basis in order to improve the standards of education and to produce highly qualified and professionally skilled/trained manpower to cater the future needs of the province in selected fields.
HOW TO APPLY
The scholarships are advertised each year. The scholarships are awarded in collaboration with the approved institutions through MOUs. The students apply directly to the institutions. Application forms and other relevant information are available on the websites of these institutions. The scholarship amount is disbursed to the institution directly on semester basis. The scholarship covers tuition fee, lab, libraries, food, hostel charges and monthly stipend of Rs.5000/- per month.
A Scholarship Scrutiny Committee comprising senior faculty members of the institution and representative of Higher Education Department examine the information, interview the prospective candidates and prepare list of recommended candidates. The list of recommended students is forwarded to PMU Higher Education Department for getting final approval of the competent forum.
A prospective recipient should be:
- Domiciled in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- A student qualified for admission on merit in any of the “Approved Institutions”.
- Should not be in receipt of any other scholarship.
- Monthly income of his father/guardian (from all sources) should not be more than Rs.100, 000/per month
For Scholarships in Foreign Institutions:
- Having offer of admission in one of the top 10 universities of the world (QS ranking)
- Fulfilling HEC criteria for award of M.Phil / Ph.D scholarship
* 10 % of the fund is reserved for foreign scholarships
- 24 inland worth Rs. 28.7 m and 2 foreign scholarships worth Rs. 5.0 m have been awarded in the year
- 33 inland worth Rs. 38.78 m and 1 foreign scholarship worth Rs. 4.79 m have been awarded. While 05 scholarships are in process and shall be awarded shortly.
- 79 inland (Graduate and Undergraduate) worth Rs. 68.16 m and 11 PhD foreign scholarships worth Rs. 160 m have been advertised.
- interviews and selection is in process as per policy in vogue.