- Civil Award for year of 2016
- Principal policy of the year 2016
- Increase number of stoori da Pakhtunkhwa Scholarship from over all top ten to top 20 science and top 20 arts.
- Successfully Completion of 10 Ph.D Scholarship i.e 4 Foreign, 4 Indigenous and 2 splits.
- Increased number of PEEF Scholarships from 64 to 80 for KPKSSC/HSSC Students.
- Hired 862 Teaching Assistant in order to overcome the deficiency of teaching staff in Colleges.
- Carried out an extension exercise regarding legalization of teaching faculty in government colleges.
- 23 Public Sector Universities has been established till date.
- A uniform Act governing all public sector universities in the province (excluding PATA) namely Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Universities Act 2012
- Monitoring and evaluation system has been strengthened in Private Universities.
Gender Sensitive Initiative(s)
The Department is pursuing gender sensitive policies to tackle gender related issues. Following specific measures have been taken to address gender constraints in the provision of higher education:
- Salary benefit package to the teachers serving in the remote area colleges of 08 districts.
- Provision of buses to the female colleges: In order to provide transport facility to the female students, 96 buses have been provided to Govt: Girls Colleges till now.
- Provision of Day Care Centers in girls Colleges: In order to facilitate the female teachers and help them balance between their care work and professional responsibilities, the provincial govt: has set up day care centers in girl”s colleges- Forty four (44) centers have been established.
- Creation of posts of Assistant Director (Female) & Deputy Director (Female) at Directorate level and Section Officer (Female) at Departmental level to deal exclusively with female colleges and staff. Similarly non-gazette staff of female colleges is preferably selected out of female applicants.